Monday, May 10, 2010

Ard boyz comith

*deep breath*
*exhale*
Ok last year I participated in ard boys and won the preliminaries and was not able to compete in the next round because of sheduleing conflicts and it being almost 700 miles away last year. This year I am taking the deathwing. 5I have been looking at the missions and all the internet hype over this weeks ard boyz. I am almost floored by it. Let me start with the missions as we all have to live with these and half of you get bored before you get to the end of my posts anyways.
Scenario 1
dis land is our land ladz
This mission is 5 objectives with a funky apocolypse style set up. Table halfs from corner to corner. Ok I can live with that, but, I have one questions as I have seen conflicting answers across the community. Do we deploy objectives or are they pre set in 4 corners and the center? Other than that a fine scenario based in 5th edition. You will have to blast alot of boyz on this to get the massacre.

Scenario 2
Grindin' meat
Makes me feel like its 1999 again. Old fasioned 3rd edition staight up victory points. This could be good for the deathwing. We are rock solid but if an enemy concentrates they can take chunks out real fast.

Scenario 3
Kill da fast ones
This is the stick in the mud of the whole tournoment. Kill points with a biased twist. Now I am running a minimal amount of vehicles so I should like this scenario. I do, but I dont think it is exactly fair to the mechanized lists or the lists that are taking alot of vehicles with them. I could have taken raven wing and then everything in my army would be worth 3 kill points. I was entirely in favor of the mechanized movement in 40k because it brough more of a real world twist to it. But whatever GW giving out this mission to semi punish mech and then a message that there is going to be a price increase. If I wasnt so hooked Id look elsewhere for my fix.

Ok on to the lists that I have been seeing for this shindig. Wow, I hope that the stuff the guys are putting out online these last few days are a joke. I mean I am seeing 2 troop choices. tactical squads in blood angel armies. Space wolfs with no long fangs. Nid hordes (meaning like 300+ models) and the leaf blowers. Is that all that there is out there? I was mildly concerned that I was bringing the ceathwing and thought that I was going to get steam rolled at this party. With what Ive seen on everyones "ready to go" posts I cant wait to bring down the hammer on these people. Im not going to post my list as I want it to remain mostly a suprise but I have had to put terminators in the elite slots there are so many of them.

So Im ready to go. Feeling good about this one and hopefully I will roll on through the preliminaries and make it to chicago. I might just go this year, make a road trip.

FITZ

No comments:

Post a Comment