Saturday, August 6, 2011

Its summer time thats why.

So I was asked earlier today why I haven't been writing on my blog much lately. Well the usual answer is that real life gets in the way, but I think that is a stock answer that doesn't quite cover it so I'm going to go through a day in the life of Fitz.

I'm a electrical meter reader so I have to travel all across the county around here, in every yard, field, or building to get to the meters. So here is what I go through everyday.

5:15
Get ripped out of dreams of world conquest and boobs by a screeching alarm clock. Roll over and resist the urge to make it pay with its life.
5:16 - 5:30
Sit in the bathroom and stare at the running shower trying to remember the life changing visions that came to me in my sleep last night and failing miserably.
6:30
Fight the traffic of all the other working stiffs like me heading off to work this damned early in the morning.
7:00
Get to work get my assignments for the day and hit the road again to go play in south Florida
7:00 - 15:30
I get to visit one of these fabulous vacation spots
The bad part of town. Couldn't find a picture that was bad enough for it. You know the place, the kind of place you wont answer craigslist ads from.
Yep I go into the swamps here allot. Were so far south in Florida that its hard to get a rout without freaking swamps in it.
The sun baked sands. I'm counting this as the beach, because while it is technically the beach i never get to see the water.
Yes suburbia, these are the most boring days ever. every house is exactly the same so for 8 hours I feel like I am in an assembly line. Sometimes I look forward to street corners so I have to change directions.

15:30-16:00
I drop my gear off get back into the truck and fight traffic back home.
16:00-20:00
Try and move as little as possible and recover form heat exhaustion. Love the most beautiful woman in the world and pass out for the night.

Now that might not sound too bad to some guys but its not all fun and games. Here is a list of some of the things I have been attacked by in the last week.

not usual but they are here so i have run ins occasionally
Pissed off geese are funny until you realise they are charging at you.
yup a chicken... I'm not proud of this one
never know they are there until its almost to late to stop
Dogs... freaking dogs everywhere and they all want nothing more than to kill me for just being there.



So that's why I don't post much during the summer. At the end of the day my mind is sun baked and my nerves are shot. I hardly get any game time in this time of year so expect more posts once the temperate goes down. 




No comments:

Post a Comment