Thursday, August 25, 2011

oh my god we are all gonna die!!!!

looks all menacing there doesn't it?

Alright I'm still in the middle of my furious playtesting for the semifinals of ard boyz and 99% of my free time has been devoted to that. But there has been a little issue come up here lately that I have had to deal with.

Mainly I have a woman in the house that has never been in a hurricane and she was flipping out.


Now I know most of the people reading this blog are thinking she has every right to be scared of this beast directly from under the porch of mother nature. I know where you are coming from and all the media outlets up north in the Carolinas are sending out doomsday messages. For us here in Florida though, we didn't really blink an eye.

I have been here for over 20 years so I have seen my fair share of hurricanes, tropical storms, and freak tropical depressions and one thing remains through all of them. We are still here. While the rest of the world goes into a panic mode the true Floridians take notice but don't let ourselves get terrified at the thoughts of New Orleans and the Japan's tsunami.

One of my favorite radio guys 'bubba the love sponge' summed up the Florida mentality on hurricanes best a few days ago. "Lets burn a time out, get some extra batteries and some water, and ride this out like we do every time. Don't go to home depot and buy $1000 worth of plywood that will be sitting in your garage for the next 15 years."

So I'm sitting back burning a time out and watching the big bad wolf slide past us again. Besides I know not to take it seriously until the local tv meteorologists start to get worried. Then its panic mode.

But oh yead north and south carolina... your hosed


2 comments:

  1. Hurricanes are such a feared occurance in Florida we actually hold Hurricane Parties when they do hit. Get drunk, play in the wind, go back to work the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok in my defense, I wasn't flipping out, .... just mildly concerned! ;)

    ReplyDelete