Thursday, September 15, 2011

The semi's are finaly here




Yep I thought the day would never come but finally the games that i have been testing, practicing, bitching about here in my local area have arrived. My army is a little bit worse for wear since I have had 17 dry runs in the last month for it. My lists have changed, My units have changed, and my paint scheme has almost changed. I'm getting around to it, its not like they judge painting at this thing.


So tonight I sat down at my computer with army builder open and I do what I do before any tourney I go to. I started with a blank slate and thought about what has worked and what has not during my play testing. I selected the units I knew worked in their respective slots and then it happened.

Holy crap how do I still have 200 pts left over.... What did I forget!?

Looking at the summary I saw the usual count, 1 hq, 3 elites, 6 troops, 2 fast and 3 heavy. No that cant be it.

Then I went through and checked wargear...... yeah all the units were armed correctly.

I started to get the feeling that I had over looked the one piece of gear or unit that is the linchpin of my list. The one unit that I have played with for so long that I forgot that I used it....

It took me 4 minutes to write the list and another hour and a half reviewing it looking for my mistakes.

I triple checked everything and I found no fault in it. I think through the play testing I have been chopping wargear and not adding the points back in.

If I forgot something I have no idea what it was. So I decided to play around with the list and units.

Some tweaking here, some units added then removed there. I have a "new" list for the semis with all the punch of my playtest army with a few pleasant surprises added in for good measure.

So has this ever happened to any of you guys? You playtest something into the ground just to realise you weren't playing with a full roster? I have to say I genuinely think I was and now I feel even better marching off to war this weekend. I'm taking pictures and will be putting up some battle reports when the dust finally settles after this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment