Thursday, September 22, 2011

Semis aftermath


I'm not going to go in depth here for now. Expect bat reps in the future from the semis.

So last weekend I drove my but down to Lauderhill Florida to do the ard boyz thing. After play testing furiously over the last month I felt good about my chances to win it all. I got there a bit early and hung out waiting for everyone to show up. I counted the armies as they came in.

Grey Knight
Blood angels
dark eldar
grey knight
space wolves
grey knight
dark eldar
grey knight
grey knight
etc....

So it looked like i was going to be up against a grey knight in the first round. *shrug* I got this as most of them were playing dragowing or some variation of it. Got all signed in, pulled my army out. (I forgot my display base and it was a little shaky carrying all my skimmers on a clipboard to the tables.) Got the opponents for the first round.
Hey I'm playing another dark eldar. Uh oh. I have never played against another DE because I am the only one in my neck of the woods.
"this will make me better, and I already know what his army can do." I thought to myself.
Read the scenario, "hey it changed since I printed them out, oh well it still looks doable"
Shook hands with the other guy said lets have a good game and then threw the first dice of the tourney......

He won the roll, and decided to go first.

I lost the top spot of the tourney on that dice roll.

Two glass cannons facing each other it was all about who got to fire first.

So there it is the intro to the coming battle reports. I didn't take many pictures of the games themselves because I was wrapped up in the games the whole time so vassel will be used for most of it.

Catch you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment