Friday, December 2, 2011

Product review Guerrilla Studios bases

So I break from my usual ranting and raving about 40k to talk a little about a great new company that is making bases for some of our favorite games.

Guerrilla Studios
The owner has contacted me wanting to get a product review on the internet. I of course said sure I will fit it into my otherwise hectic schedule. So he hooked me up with a selection of the bases that he produces and I painted them up for all the world to see.


First a little overview of what the company is and what they make.
Right now http://www.guerrillastudios.net/ makes bases for wargames, and I must say that he makes damn good ones. There are 4 different types he makes in all the standard sizes for 40k and he has added hex bases for battle tech recently.
All the bases are full resin cast from his custom sculpted masters. I got my hands on them and thought they were beautiful. No bubbles or air pockets, cast in a grey resin that is slightly darker than the standard GW sprues. It took me no time at all to get them painted up and ready for pictures. Unfortunately it took forever to get decent pictures of them because lets face it you all know my camera suck around here. But I stuck to it and I think I have some decent ones to finally show you. (but I warn you he has much better ones on his website)

The big boys 60mm


Runed Ruins painted in standard sand and stone colors

Urban blast scape painted like cracked concrete (there are shell casings on the base that I failed to see until after I took the picture)
And cobble stone. I left this one the stock resin color to show off what it looks like when you get them. Don't worry there will be painted ones further down.



On to the 25mm
The runed ruins showing off a array of color schemes with a while washed one to show off more detail. The details on these are superb for what you pay for them.
Urban blast scape (here I remembered the shells)
Flagstone
Cobblestone 
Hex bases
I didn't have one to paint so I stole the picture off of his site. Custom made a little bigger to actually fit all mechs.


I cannot go on enough about how great these bases are for what they cost you and you all know how much I am always looking to make a great looking army on a budget.
The prices are
25mm 5 for $4.99
40mm 5 for $9.99
60mm 1 for $5.99
Hex bases 5 for $4.99
And he is throwing in free shipping on orders over $25

Now look at the GW site where they are selling their 25mm bases 10 for $4.50. For another $0.49 you get great looking bases and you probably wont have to pay for shipping. All of a sudden it doesn't make sense not to order from http://www.guerrillastudios.net/.

So in my opinion the company gets a 10 out of 10. Check his web store out and also he has a facebook page for all of you guys down with the social media stuff. LINK. When you make you order just tell him Fitz told you about him.

Stay thirsty my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment