Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The DE Deathstar

So tests from the field indicate that this unit is indeed the real deal.

Let me just get into it then.

The DE Deathstar

Vect
Lady Malays
7 blood brides 2 shardnets and impailers and haywire grenades
Bloodbride Syren with agoniser and grenade launcher
Raider with flicker fields shock prow and advanced aethersails

cost 620 points

Fluff wise I see it as a happier time for the DE when Vect and the lady were still gettin it on and not committing genocide trying to kill one another.

So I only got to play one game last saturday. It was a 3 way game with my DE vs guard and chaos deamons. I rolled off and I deployed last meaning the ladys redeployment was moot. Then I rolled to seize with vects 4+ and I thought I got it but the argument by the deamon player was that it was cocked so re rolling it again I got a 1. So I go last... damn

Here is the murder tally for the squad
On my turn 1 I charged into fateweaver. I do 1 wound to him and he passes his leadership test. (He has a rerollable 3++ and the deamon player rolls WAYYYY over average) ON the top of turn 2 the fateweaver spawns the lady because the deamon powers don't count as 'psychic' and she is therefore not immune to them (I think it is total crap but he was yelling at me rather loudly so to keep him from scaring off the other people at the store I said fine he can do it, just a friendly game dude) Then I killed fateweaver the hard way in the enemies assault phase by taking off his remaining 3 wounds. So much for his lucky dice. I only had to do 28 wounds to take him down this time.

My turn 2 the squad charges into 5 blood crushers and kills them all before he even gets to swing.

My turn 3 I charge into 2 squads of plague bearers and again kill them before they even get to swing.

My turn 4 I charge into a sentinel from the guard player and stun/blow off its autocannon

We didn't go any further because I had nothing else left on the board. As with all 3 ways 2 members focus most of their attention on each other leaving the 3rd one alone to their own devices.

I was surrounded by pissed off veteran teams that I would have possibly killed if given enough turns but we called it there.

So even though it is a huge point sink and far and away from everything I preach with my DE lists I love the unit and I'm going to use it again in the future at the next tourney I go to . (whenever that is) If it slaughters, awesome, if it gets blown off the board by a well placed battle cannon round I will lol all the way to the losers bracket.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Fritz, your opponent was right about Daemon powers not being psychic attacks. Fantastic battle against the bloodcrushers, though!

    ReplyDelete