Monday, February 27, 2012

While I'm waiting for paint to dry

Hey guys and gals, I'm waiting for the paint and washes to dry on my ravenwing cavalry and remembered that I haven't posted in a while.


Gaming news, I played in a local 1500pt tourney last weekend and I wanted to do something different. So I crammed converting and painting (horribly by the way) a whole different dark eldar  army into one week... crap I cant find my camera... So I will get some pictures up of it but for now here was the list I had.

HQ1 Urien Rakarth
HQ2 3 Haemonculi all with liquifier guns, venom blades, and one had a webway portal.

Elite 4 grotesques upgraded strength from the SC, a liquifer gun and a aberration with a venom blade
 Mounted in a raider with flickerfields and chain snares

Troop 1-3  3x 7 Wracks 1 liquifer gun and an acothyst
 Mounted in 3 raiders with snares and flickerfields

Heavy Support 1-3 3 Taloi with TL liquifer guns and TL Haywire blasters

So I finished paint on the grotesques at 5am the morning of the tourney. I can get a few hours of sleep I thought. When I woke up at noon I realized that I had overslept for the tourney for the first time ever. CRAP! I called the store and they were only a half hour into rounds one and they had an odd number with a guy waiting.
So I sped down there and got to play Tim and his Imperial guard. After a whirlwind game where everything went right for me and horribly wrong for him, a list that I thought was full of fail and disappointment won the game and didn't give up any kill points other than the raiders. wow.

Since we played through lunch I was thrust into the next game where I played Jamie and his Grey Knights. After the success of the first game I had delusions of me having a chance. Jamie said that he was going to write a battle report on the internet somewhere so I will link to that when he links it to me. I horribly lost the game and was tabled at the bottom of turn 6, but I claim a moral victory because i was able to kill Coteaz in the most humiliating way possible. I'll just let you think about what that was.

So after a reality check to the face I was off to play against Dirk's Nids. It was a wonky mission so we changed it up to make it more fair and I knew I wasn't going to do good at all. I knew he had a doom hidden in a pod and his army was just better suited to close range combat than mine. So I just launched  my army across the boar at him and got stuck into close combat. I lost... badly again. The one 'almost' highlight was when a tervigon killed Urien out of the grotesques I rolled for their berserk fury rule. I rolled a 2 and started to set out the S5 hits on almost every unit he had. He checked the rule and saw that it was on a 1 only. Crap I thought it was a 1 or 2 because it was the first time I ever used the rule. The game was in the bag for him anyways.

So overall for a fun list I had a good time with it. It was a no payout tourney so I took the opportunity to be different.

Coming up in the near future. Pictures of my wracks, grotesques, taloi and my command squad for my new ravenwing (SM bike) army.

Stay thirsty my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Here is the link to the battle report from my perspective.
    http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/t2548-2-25-12-1500-point-40k-tournament

    ReplyDelete