Thursday, April 12, 2012

THe ravenwing ride!

So this month we have a team tourney coming up. 1250 pts a person with 3 scenarios. Its shaping up to be a large event with 7 teams signed up and more than 2 weeks to go.


I am paired up with a grey knight player ( I know my nemesis, but if you cant beat them join them right?) and knowing the player and his army he will do most of the heavy lifting for me leaving my army selection open.

Going through my 40k inventory I discovered that with just a few additions to the army I can take my pre-imperial ravenwing to the fight. The only thing I will need is 2 attack bikes that I have sitting around here.

So here is the list as it stands now. 2 weeks out so it could change up.

HQ Khan with moondrakken

HQ Command squad all on bikes
      Apothecary
      Company Champion with storm shield and power weapon
      Veteran with storm shield and power weapon
      Veteran with powerfist
      Veteran with plasma gun and company banner

T1 5 bikes 2 melta guns Sergeant with plasma pistol
     Attack bike with multi melta
T2 5 bikes 2 melta guns Sergeant with power weapon
     Attack bike with multi melta
T3 6 scouts cammo cloaks 5 sniper rifles heavy bolter and a Sergeant with a comi melta
T4 6 scouts cammo cloaks 5 sniper rifles heavy bolter and a Sergeant with a comi melta

1247 points

I don't have any pictures right now because other than the scouts and the command squad I posted earlier the rest just have a primer coat. But 2 weeks, I can get them done.

The plan is to set the scouts in cover on objectives and shoot targets of opportunity
The rest of the force will outflank with Khan and the command squad eating long fang, heavy weapon teams, back field sitting stuff and the bike squads tank hunting. I think it will work out when the rest of my team are psyfilemen dreads henchmen and grey knight terminators.

Stay thirsty my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment