Thursday, February 3, 2011

Next army ideas

So the Dark Eldar are done. I have 2000+ points that I am happy with until they officially release venoms.
So with that in mind its time for a new army because I am addicted to plastic crack. I have decided on a fluffy style army because I need another army for the noobs to beat on in the store when i am trying to teach. The deathwing is getting a revamp due to the new FAQ so they might someday get semi-competitive. So without further ado here is the new direction.



Its gonna be a Khorne army based on *GASP* the space wolf codex.
Now I can already hear the hate mongers typing at it and the rotten fruit throwers cocking. But before that happens let me say that this in no way will it be an army that plays on the Space wolf codex strengths, it will be a way to get a Khorne army on the board that I believe is a 40k cannon representation of them.




First off. NO PSYKERS!!!!
Khorn's answer to all of life's problems is to beat things harder

NO LONG FANGS!!!
Again if I cant beat it to death I just wont worry about it.

NO RAZORSPAM!!!!!
Bezerkers don't care about transports to get there. They should start on the deployment line and do everything in their power to ram a fist or chain axe into the enemy as fast as possible.

No weapon with more than a 12" range.
Again get close beat face, the tactic is simple.

So here is the first list idea.

*Canis Wolfborn (played by Lord on a Juggernaut)
*Wolf priest
Saga of the hunter (to see if I can sneak a squad closer to make beat facing faster)
*Wolf priest
Saga of the beast slayer
Jump pack (again faster beat face)
*Wolf priest

*15 blood claws (I think blood claws represent Khorne almost perfectly)
2x melta guns
powerfist
*15 blood claws
2x melta guns
powerfist
*12 blood claws
melta gun
powerfist
*12 blood claws
melta gun
powerfist

*10 skyclaws (whats better than zerkers with jump packs)
melta gun
powerfist

*5 thunderwolf cavalry
5 melta bombs
thunderhammer
(zerkers on blood crushers these are the guys that sparked the whole idea for the list)

So what do we have, 40 fearless screaming lunatics, 24 not fearless screaming lunatics, 6 cavalry that will be the centerpiece of the army, and a lot of blood!

Again this is not meant to be a competitive army just something that I will love converting and painting up. Who knows maybe someday the chaos codex will be rewritten and include the juggernauts again, but until then I'm gonna have fun running this army and getting the crap kicked out of me every time I do it.

One more thing. I picked up a bottle of this stuff and let me tell you, if any of you have physical jobs like I do this is like a piece of fat boy heaven. Found it at a hardware store out in Lehigh for $5. I would have paid allot more for it too.

1 comment:

  1. The only problem i see with that are well khorne doesnt like jump packs either, in the previous edition of the chaos codex raptors could not take the mark of khorne. As far as guidelines to what you can take look at the 3.5 chaos codex for limitations on what weapons and equipment you can take.

    ReplyDelete