Sunday, May 29, 2011

Another week of gaming

We had a 2k point 40k campaign day at the store this Saturday and I played my Khorne dogs. Overall it was a great fun day not being to competitive and when it was over the forces of chaos won by a single battle point. WHOOOO!!!!


I forgot to take my camera with me so no pictures unfortunately. But here are some battle reports.

Here's the list I played
Khorne Dogs/Space wolves

Lord on thunderwolf
2+ armor 4++ invul frost blade

3x2 thunderwolves 1 frost blade

5x 15 blood claws 2 melta guns and a power fist

5x wolf scouts 1 melta gun 2 power weapons

Blood for the blood god. No tactics except get in their faces as fast as possible and proceed to beatsticking.

Round 1
The campaign was set up so the teams got a list of the missions and got to choose which of their team mates to send to what table. My army having no tanks, limited mobility and nothing that shot over 12" went to table 3 to try and pick up some messenger and bring him back to our lines. The enemy was also trying to get this messenger.
Well i get over there and what do I see across the table from me? Grey Knights.....
Yup half of the imperial team was Grey Knights. Oh well I'm playing a fluffy list anyways so lets see how bad this could be. The judge handed us special campaign objectives that we couldn't share with our opponents to be completed throughout the game. Mine was to place on objective in the middle and scatter it. This is going to be an ammo dump that I will try and destroy, Sweet I can do that.
Ok deployment.
He has 5 paladins with a grand master in a storm raven that he places in the middle behind some buildings. 10 terminators with a libby and Cotez that he sets up going for the messenger in the middle, 2 psyfile dreads that he places on the left flank, a squad of psyker henchmen that he sets in a building on the right, with a dread knight not to far from them and a vindicare that infiltrates on the extreme left flank.

Me being the massive close combat army that I am set my zerkers on the line as close to the center as I can. No subtlety here, there will be blood! The thunderwolves/juggers set up mingled in the lines with the chaos lord leading a squad of 2 barreling down the left.

Rolled scatter for the ammo dump and it stops directly in front of 2 squads on my left flank

He goes first. Opening shot from the assassin blows my lords 4++ off and pins the unit. Massive volleys of fire from the termies drop a few zerkers. Took some losses but I have 75 of them so it is no big deal.

My turn I run everything forward making a "BWAAAGH!" sound effect. No shooting because everything ran duh. I was able to fleet one unit of juggers close enough to assault one of his dreads that moved out of his deployment zone, AND whiffed. These guys were there until the end of the game.

His turn 2 Moved the termies up and grabbed the messenger, the storm raven moved to center and dropped the paladins. The Psykers and dread knight killed a few of my zerkers on my left and dropped the 2 juggers there. Shots everywhere in the center but with cover and my armor save didn't kill many of me again. I had all 5 squads ready to charge into the termies and paladins. I cracked an evil smile, this is going to be good I thought.

My turn 2. The damned ammo dump exploded early. I lost 10 zerkers in the resulting explosion and one failed their leadership test and started falling back. That's alright I thought because I still have over 30 that are going to be in assault this turn whats the worst that can happen? The lord unpins and moves toward the center to get to grips with the paladins. Shooting phase, I think I killed 1 terminator. Freaking BS 3 and me rolling a ton of ones. That's okay my army doesn't shine in the shooting phase so we can do this. THE ASSAULT PHASE!!!! He calls out "SANCTUARY!!!" I call out "FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCC......" Well the lord never made it, I lost 8 zerkers to dangerous terrain, of the ones that did get there half were cut down at I6 with halberds, I killed 2 paladins 3 terminators, he then killed another handfull with hammers, and I think I got 1 in each squad with powerfists. Guess what I lost combat, by allot. Everybody ran and since they were terminators they just waved as I ran away.

His turn 3. He started falling back with the terminators since he had the messenger. Stayed put with the paladins and his dread knight and dreadnought moved up on either flank. The dread knight caught one of the units and we duked it out. I put 1 wound on the big guy he killed 3 zerkers I failed leadership and he caught me. I passed all the fearless rolls. The dreadnought blasted into my lords unit and everyone had a wound now. Then assaulted them and everyone whiffed. The slap fight with the other dread continued on.

My turn. The scouts came in and I placed them to speed bump the terminators going to their board edge.  The guys running turned around and started shooting paladins and I think I got another one or 2. The scouts fired at the termies and did exactly nothing. I didn't even put a wound on them. The slap fights continued with me not hurting the dread knight him pounding some zerkers and the survivors running off the board. The dreads hung on as every time I got through the armor I rolled a 1.

His turn 3. Movement. The dreadknight circled around the rear to get into combat with one of the remnant squads. The terminators continued their march toward the board edge and the storm raven moved to support. That's when some of the fun campaign stuff happened. There was an artillery barrage on our table. 5 basilisk shells descended and after the smoke cleared the only thing that happened was I lost 1 thunderwolf that had been shadow boxing from turn 1 and the dreadnought was stunned. The paladins storm raven and terminators opened up on the scouts and wiped them.  The dreadknight killed another squad off and My lord and crew destroyed the dread they were fighting.

My Turn. Last chance for glory. The wolf lord was able to get into combat with he terminators with the messenger. I can do it I thought. Nope sanctuary again. I lost a man on the way in. The halberds whiffed. AWESOME! My lord and other guy with frost blade swung. Killed a whole 1 terminator and were struck down by freaking hammers.

After that I told him we were done. I had 1 wolf still trying to kill the dread and 1 lone zerker with a powerfist trying to catch the terminators.

He won the mission but I got the special objective. Overall I scored more points for my team so i was happy.

Round 2

I played against Rob and his howling griffons (vanilla codex)
He had (from memory)

1 librarian in terminator armor

1 captain with command squad

7 assault terminator with a mix of claws and hammers

3x 10 tactical marines with heavy bolter and plasma gun

1 rhino

1 predator with autocannon and heavy bolters

2 landspeeders with a multimelta typhoon and a assault cannon multimelta combo

devastators with lascannon plasma cannon multumelta missile launcher

10 sternguard with heavy bolter

The mission. Bunker assault. He set up in a 24" box on his board edge and got 3 bunkers. I got to come in from the other 3 table sides with a 6" deployment zone.

He crammed the bunkers full of tacticals and the sternguard in the bunker on the right flank.

I set 2 squads of zerkers and 1 jugger squad on the left, 3 units of zerkers and 2 units of juggers on the right with the lord.

I got the first turn. Everything ran forward, no shooting. the lord squad was able to fleet then charge the immobile predator and wreck it and one squad on the other flank took down a land speeder.

His turn there was some movement with the vehicles but not much as he saw he just had to circle the wagons and hope he had enough ammo. The sternguard squad gutted one zerker unit down to 5 men. They stuck around. He assaulted the lords unit with his terminators and dropped the 2 guys with him failed a leadership and the lord was sent packing. He attempted to fire a vortex of doom at one zerker squad it drifted and vaporised the other unit of juggers over on the right flank. On the other flank the devastators killed the 2 juggers over there and there was minimal losses from the zerkers.

My turn, On the left a unit of zerkers were able to wreck one bunker and moved closer for an assault next turn. The other unit of zerkers were able to kill the last speeder with melta. On the right flank I had the 2 good units of zerkers move forward and pop the bunker that held the other tactical squad and drop the remnants of his terminator squad with bolt pistols. The remnants of the gutted squad whiffed in shooting on the bunker and in assault with the powerfist.

His turn. the librarian and the sternguard made short work of the remnant squad. A tactical squad loaded up in a rhino and shot toward the far board edge. "Cleverly redeploying I see" well there is nothing I have now that can chase it down. The lord was dropped by a hail of bolter fire.

My turn The boys on the left flank started pushing hard. Shot and killed some guys then both the bunkers were assaulted by almost full zerker squads. The devastators and tacticals in the flank bunker took staggering losses and I was unscathed. We both forgot his leadership tests because there was blood in the water and I was ready to kill every last man. The unit in his central bunker took high losses as well and I won the combat there. The units on the right shot and killed the captain with a melta gun then assaulted and wiped that squad the the last unit finally popped the bunker the sternguard were in.

His turn the rhino continued to my board edge. "Hmm I guess hes trying a flanking maneuver?" The libby and sternguard killed one unit on my right flank and my zerkers finished off the tacticals and devastators on the left and center.

My turn I pounced on the sternguard with the unit that killed the command squad. Everything else moved forward to get there next turn. I killed maybe 2 of them but they held.

His turn The Rhino disappeared off my board edge. That was his special objective was to get a scoring unit off the board. Oh well I couldn't have caught it if I tried. He brought the libby in to support the sternguard. I lost combat but held and it continued.

My turn all of the remaining zerkers in my army descended on the combat. I just picked up every dice I had in my cube and rolled it twice. (there were over 30 zerkers in there I'm sure I had more than those attacks) The libby and the sternguard fell in geysers of blood and gore. My secret objective was to destroy the bunkers and they were all smouldering wrecks. Victory to the Khorne dogs!!

We sat around for a good hour watching the other games and in the end it was real close. So close I don't think you can qualify it as actual victory. When it was all done the final score was 33 imperial points to 34 chaos points. With half of them being grey knights I call that a complete moral victory.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment