Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tourney Armies

So there is a tourny day coming up at my local. Its at 1500 points, not the standard size for us but I think I can cut some fat off my DE to get it there and then there is the ever present Ard Boyz coming up shortly.

Here are the lists I plan on running at them.


1500 point DE

HQ Archon Huskblade soultrap shadow field (standard net archon..*sigh* I know... but effective)

Elites 3x3 trueborn with blasters in venoms with twin cannons and added night shields

Troops 9 wyches with haywire grenades in a Raider, torment grenade launcher, chain snares, and a flickerfield
2x10 warriors with a splintercannon in raiders with splinter racks and flickerfields

Heavy 3x Ravagers all with flickerfields and 2 with 3 disintigrators.

Comes out to a cool 1496 points

Im going to try a stand off tactic for the first turn or 2 with these guys. Soften up their armor with darklight weapons, spray with the venoms and see what develops. Then around 3 or 4 start moving in on the survivors blazing away with splinter shots and let the trueborn do what they do best. When I was writing this my girlfriend heard me making machine gun noises and just shook her head at me. Yeah Im that guy.

Ok so now for the main event, Ard Boyz. Last year I was screwed in the 3rd mission that gave out all of the kill points for things moving over 6" a turn. So I decided that my DE can just stay at home for this one. I played in a tourney up north with them and that damed scenerio came up. lets just say with 72 kill points on the board. I just didnt go my way.

So an army that dosent go over 6", has decent killing power, in in my closet... hmmm. DEATHWING IT IS THEN!!!

HQ Belial with lightning claws (someone has to swing first)
HQ Librarian in terminator armor

Elites 5 upgraded deathwing terminators 4 thinderhammers a heavy flamer apothacary and a standard bearer

Troops 6x5 deathwing terminators all with hammers and shields and a cyclone missle launcher

Heavy 2xland raider crusaders extra armor and pintle mounted storm bolters (and free multi meltas)

So the tactic here is load the command squad in one raider and a squad with the librarian in the other one and move forward taking hits and not careing because we are the mighty land raiders of doom. Then have the other 4 squads sitting in the back as mobile fire support, holding objectives and counter charging anything that makes it past the raiders. Not a very complicated tactic so I think I might be able to pull it off.

So any suggestions on the lists, telling me I dont know what I am doing, or general trolling add to the comments. Now I just have to make 30 thunderhammers and shields....

1 comment:

  1. I still much prefer Belial with the TH/SH now...that 3++ is invaluable consider he is the only company captain in the game that has a 5++......weaksauce....

    I am also leery of the full TH/SH in squads.... it might not seem like much but those 8 SB shots count for a lot. It gives you that extra reach as you are trying to close from range. The only thing you loose out on is just the invulnerable. Really one TH/SH in the squads is great, as it allows you to plink that one or two AP2 shots onto it. Ask Jamie about it the next time you see him, he can attest to it. Also I would consider trying to squeeze some points out for a couple of Chain Fists, that extra D6 pen for 5 points is great.

    Extra Armor is a waste on the LRs, as the POTMS really takes care of that (especially with our updated one). So if you drop the extra armor and the PMSB, that frees up 40 points. Switch out the HF on the command squad for another CML adds more punch as well as versatility (Frag and Krak missiles!).

    My suggestions:

    Belial-TH/SH
    TDA Libby
    Command Squad 5xTH/SH, Apoth, Banner, CML
    6 x DW Squads (Sgt PW/SB, 2xPF/SB,TH/SH,PF/SB/CML)
    2 x LRC bog Standard.

    That gives you 25 points to toy with, whether you give the DW squads CFs, or put PMSB back on the LRCs......

    ReplyDelete