Saturday, July 2, 2011

Stormraven goodness

Here are some shots of a storm raven I did as a commission project. I had them floating around and figured. Hey I haven't posted anything in a while.



Fully magnetised as well. I don't have any shots of it disassembled though. Maybe I can get some shots of all of the rest of the things I did for the guy. Me and no camera sucks.

I guess I will go into more detail on how this is painted. Standard boltgun metal for the base color. Black wash in the cracks and all the rivets. God so many rivets. Copper and gold for the trim elements. The request was for a red that didn't look so bright and cheery. So scab red it was, a nice mid range red without the orangeing effects of blood red. Then it was a badab black and delvin mud wash streaked across the wings and fuselage to simulate reentry burns or flying in a acid rain. Some boltgun metal streaks on the engines and points that could see some scratching from atmospheric debris.

Over all i am very happy with this model and its sister storm raven that I am hoping to dig some pictures up of as well. Or maybe I can get him to play a game and take some action shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment