Saturday, October 22, 2011

2000pts Deathwing vs. Imperial Guard

This was a fun time at the store today with a challenge accepted I took my deathwing out for the first time in months and played against nurgles Imperial guard.


The lists
Deathwing
Belial twin LC
Interrogator Chaplin in terminator armor
upgraded deathwing squad apothecary 1 thunderhammer storm shield and 3 lightning claws
deathwing squad 1 hammer and 4 lightning claws
deathwing squad with cyclone missile launcher
deathwing squad with assault cannon
2 land raider crusaders
2 dreadnoughts with twin linked lascannons

Imperial Guard
Lord Commissar
Leman Russ
Leman Russ Demolisher
Leman Russ annihilator
6x Veteran teams in chimeras with either 3 melta guns or plasma guns and either lascannons or autocannons

It was seize ground with spearhead deployment.

I won the roll for first turn but I deferred to the guard.

Now for this report I have changed the way I do it and written the action directly on the pictures. I have stolen this from other blogs because I just like the way it helps it flow. So without further wasting of time here it is.

Deployment
I roll the dice and cant seize on to guard turn 1
Deathwing turn 1
Guard turn 2
Deathwing turn 2
Guard turn 3
Deathwing turn 3
Guard turn 4
Deathwing turn 4
Guard turn 5 was uneventful so
Onto Deathwing turn 5

So there it is, quick and full of action. I like this new format I'm going with so looks like it is going to stay. What do you guys think about it.... if anyone ever reads this thing. On a blogging side note I found a blog that was necron themed that hasn't had a post in over a year. It had over 27,000 hits. I have been going steady for over 2 years and just broke 4,000. Grrr maybe I should jump on the bandwagon and title the blog necorn something, maybe it would increase traffic. OK rant off.

Well the game didn't take too long that day so I got challenged to another one by a chaos player. 1850 pts against a thousand sons themed list.

Ill have that one up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment