Sunday, October 9, 2011

What if it all goes away tomorrow?

So I haven't been keeping track of all the shenanigans going on at GW HQ in the last few months but I was at my FLGS yesterday and heard some news. Some rather... unsettling news.



So not one to just believe everything I am told I checked the facts. After HOURS of google searches and shoveling through blog after blog of speculative crap I haven't found anything new on it. So I'm going to just retell the story I heard yesterday.

First off this isn't going as smooth as GW thought it would.

CHS has gotten some help from a very large and prestigious legal firm to help them with this case and they are doing it pro bono to set precedence for future IP and copyright disputes.
GW has made a lot of mistakes in the case so far and the legal firm representing CHS has filed a malicious legal claim against GW.
This, if GW loses, will require GW to pay all the legal fees of both the law firms involved and GW doesn't have that kind of cash just sitting around.

I know that in the past I have been anti games workshop. But that only goes as far as their new policies and corporate decisions from high atop the golden throne that Kirby sits upon. I never in my worst post wanted the company to have a chance to go bankrupt and disappear.

That's right, everyone who is waiting for their codex to drop could get this.


Games workshop going out of business is almost unthinkable, they are the Microsoft of war gaming. To think that what started as a little lawsuit could come this close to ending it all....

I know I'm not going on %100 infallible information. Hell I cant even find much updated info on the Internet about the case. I could just be spouting crap again, but it got me thinking, what would I do if it all just went away tomorrow? The IP is so good that someonr has to pick it up... right.

Warhammer 40k by Lego? Milton Bradley? Wazards of the Coast?....*shutter*


No comments:

Post a Comment