Friday, April 16, 2010

This week in 40k

Hey guys its been a while but I have been playing allot lately.
First I want to start by saying that the space marine land speeder kit is by far the most finicky, delicate, and hardest to put together of all the SM kits in 40k. I have to bend plastic to make it fit. I have pegs that aren't there because the molder used .00001oz to little of plastic. And trying to put tabbards on them was ridiculously hard and after it is assembled you wont see them at all. *sigh* oh well when the rest of my order comes in Ill have to put together 2 more.
On to this weeks gaming. I played a few games this week. On Tuesday I had a 2200 (weird number right) game with Adam and his space marines. Now he loves to sternguard melta spam Belial and his squad to death. This game saw Belial get his revenge.
It was a seize ground scenario and he started with a Rhino and one squad sitting about mid field. I of course started with everything in reserve. On my turn one I hit with 4 squads using the deathwing assault and proceeded to scatter every which way but where I wanted to go. Belial and his squad actually landed on the rhino. Oops time for a mishap. So I roll a 4 and Adam proceeds to place him in the back corner of the board edge. Looks like hes hoofing it from here. I blast the rhino with 3 assault cannons and all I could do is shake it.
So his turn and most of his army arrives from his board edge or via drop pod. He has 2 vindicators that proceed to pummel my squads and gets Vulcan and his melta squad of death to land around one of my squads. He decides to combat squad them nd only fires 5 meltas at the librarian and apothicary squad. After some force berrier apothicary ignores and some crazy invulnerable saves he kills one of them. Then as the game progressed for their trouble the sternguard and vulcan are raped by the librarian and the squad the broke off is eventually ran down by Belial and his squad moving from the board edge "thought I was gone huh, RAWR!"
Ends up a win for the Dwing.
Wednesday saw the forces of chaos fighting a objective game at 1750 pts. The chaos player was a quiet guy and I don't remember his name. (I'm horrible with names.) He had a land raider with a chosen squad 2 rhinos with thousand sons and a 10 man 4 lascannon dev squad. The only thing I took away f rom this game is to STAY AWAY FROM THOUSAND SONS!!!! Each squad had a sorceror and he dropped my librarian in short order so I had to dea with 2 winds of chaos a turn. Not good for the guys in the massive hulking armor that apparently doesn't like to work. It was a loss for me at the end of the game I had 2 terminators and 2 immobilized dreadnoughts.
Oh well ya win some ya loose some.
Me and Ben (ork player) have made changes to my list and I have had 3 bikes that started life as chaos bikers in the 90s then were made into nob bikes as soon as the ork codex came out have been thrown into the simple green and will emerge as raven wing, hopefully.
Until next time, Same fitz time same fitz channel.

FITZ

No comments:

Post a Comment