Monday, January 10, 2011

Playing Dark Eldar

Yes its true I have given my heart over to the dark ones again. I have been waiting for this release for years as DE was my "second" army back in 1998 when I got into the hobby. I have been playing the new codex since it came out and I have learned allot through trial and error, my tactics baptized by fire, and getting all of my skimmers shot out of the air like daffy duck during hunting season.

So without further ado here are my "THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT PLAYING DARK ELDAR"

1. In higher point games don't take 2 Archons, take Vect, hes worth it.

2. Design each squad to do one thing and do it very well.

3. Dark Lances are not instant win.

4. We don't hold objectives.... we take the enemy's.

5. If I am not trying to kill something with every squad I have every turn then that becomes a liability.

6. never ever ever never ever ever stand still.

7. Take the vehicle upgrades, they are worth it.

8. If one of something is good, then three of something moving towards the same goal is even better.

9. Don't expect Wyches to kill everything in close combat.

10. If you are shooting from it you should never get out of the transports, ever.

These rules have helped me get better with my dark eldar and if anyone ever reads this blog hopefully it will help you too.

One of these days I'm gonna put up a battle report here for the world to see how my mind works but like my army my mind is going too fast during a game to focus on anything else but killing as much as possible.

OK I'm off to finish the 5 raiders I picked up this week so until next time. May your cup of souls run'eth over.

FITZ

No comments:

Post a Comment