Sunday, March 21, 2010

Flames of war shenanagans!

Well another gaming day time for another post

Like i said in the previous post today was our friend Dak's birthday and since he is an avid flames of war player we decided that today would be a great day for a big game. We has a 3000pt battle with teams of 2. Running the Russians was my friend James and me and running the Germans was Dak and Rob. Now we have been playing this game for years ever since the first rulebook came out for the system but we haven't played in forever so we had to look up allot of the rules. Since it was a friendly game with no time limit other than the store closing we had great fun. I laughed so much the store owner had to come back and check out what the hell we were doing multiple times.

James brought his son Jake and so we were trying to keep the language pg-13 but we failed miserably. Every joke was concluded with "Now don't say that, ever"

So here are some craptastic pictures from the battle.

My 1500 pts of Russian infantry


Dak's 1500 pts of German infantry with entirely to many flack and machine guns... he knows how I play the Russians.


Rob's 1500 pts of German tanks. A panther company really an entire panther company... /facepalm

And James was running the Russian tank Battalion I forgot to get a shot of them but it was 7 t/34-85s, 3 ISU 122s, and 3 Joseph Stalins

So we deployed and fun was had by all. I got pictures of the board but we played on the back table and it hideously lit so you can see like 3 models and allot of darkness sorry guys. I'm gonna hang a light over that table one of these days.

The first turns were abysmal for the Russians with the Germans all going to ground except one team that for the entire game tried to entrench in concrete apparently and the panthers gunning down the entire Russian tank force in 3 turns. But that is ok the strengh of the Russians are the boots on the ground the infantry was still up and charging headfirst into the German lines.


Until this happened...

There were 43 stands of infantry there before the shooting phase started.

Dak rolled 12 dice, hit with 10, I fail 8, 3+ saves. Hmm that's not good. The tanks fired, he rolled 12 dice, hit with 10, I failed 7 saves. It happens. He shot with the anti aircraft guns, he rolled 12 dice, hit 10 times, I failed 9 saves... whats going on. He shot with his artillery, hit 10 times, I failed 10 saves. Wow the dice gods absolutely looked down from on high and said "we hate you fitz". Well after that the bad dice did not stop I failed both company morale checks that forces a battalion check and I promptly ran away screaming like a little girl. Such is life I guess.

I am still waiting for Kruchev to show up with vodka and a pistol after that one.

Great game though had lots of fun, it was Daks birthday after all so I hinted that I let him win. The store closed and we all went our separate ways, I think we got some of the guys in the store interested in it since there was lots of ooohing and ahhhhing over the minis. The picture does not do it justice but Daks germans are some of the prettiest models I have seen in any scale he has put allot of time into them so I guess thats why they rolled so good.

Oh well hopefully I can get back into my primary game 40k on Tuesday again and win one for the emporor.

Oh and on the subject of 40k I got to thumb through the store copy of the blood angels codex. I wont get into it since the internet id full of people talking about it but I could almost see the big WTF! forming over my head as I read it. If that thing is so broken now I cant wait to see what the Dark Eldar codex will look like. I have about 30 DE warriors still on the sprue in my bitz box. Maybe if the codex is nice and shiny I might start my Kabal back up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment