Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Am I playing the right angels?

So another day of 40k. Well actually it wasn't. I got to the store at about 3 and sat around till 9. Didn't play a game. Dave was there with his space wolves. He has never [played a game before and making his army list me and a few of the other guys helped him out and we just sat around talking tactics for about 3 hours and never rolled.

It was fun though I'm always for getting people into the hobby and am there to answer any and all questions about it.

After he had to go me and Nurgle sat down and I was complaining about the blood angel codex some more as we all have for the last month. He of course took the side of the blood angels as he is the constant antagonist to any argument.

After a 2 hour ranting session and going through the codex unit by unit and comparing it to other marine codex and noting the discrepancies I started to write a list. I play dark angels deathwing because I like the challenge and I had the opportunity to paint all the men to the best of my ability and not be rushed with a hundred guys on my "to paint" list.

I thought the deathwing was the ultimate elite against the horde army, I was wrong. I have created a list for the blood angels with such an amazing elitist feel that I pre-oredered some of it today. I'm not going to post the list because it was created after me and nurgle were both hoarse, had headaches, and I had not slept in 2 days. That is the type of 40k nirvana I was in when creating it and You cant appreciate it until you reach that point.

So go bash your head against the wall and sit down with a codex for about 6 hours and you might come up with an amazing list like we did.

This reminded me of another marathon strategy session me and another friend James undertook. We stood in the parking lot of the game store till 3 in the morning after we got kicked out at 10 trying to come up with a way for his american flames of war army in mid war to kill geman tigers. The next day me and him placed 1 and 2 in the flames of war tournoment.

So go read your codex. Then read it again. Then read it backwards. Then make a list. Then throw it out. then read the codex one more time and you might come up with a game changeing radical idea and it might just make the difference.

FITZ

No comments:

Post a Comment