Saturday, March 5, 2011

Khorne vs. Marines B rep

Here's a game that I played against a local chap here a few weeks ago. I promised that I would put it up. Problem is that it has been so long since the game that I am fuzzy on the details.
Names and places have been changed to protect the innocent. This is a... battle report.

My first outing with the counts as zerker army. Used proxy models since I don't have all of the dudemen yet but is done in vassel so there wont be any confusion.


Sperhead formation 4 objectives. He had a pretty generic marine list.
3 tactical squads, flamers, heavy weapons (mix) Rhinos
2 assault squads
dev squad w/ missiles and a razorback
Chaplin w/ jump pack
dreadnought
predator
and a whirlwind (when was the last time you saw one of those?)

I ran the zerkers
wolf lord on thunderwolf
3x2 thunderwolves w/ frost blades
5x 15 blood claws w/2 melta and a power fist
5x wolf guard w/power weapons split through the squads



Turn 1 I lunge forward with everything no shooting
He moves a Rhino with a squad in it toward the south objective and jumps an assault squad forward. Then He fired into the lead squad killing enough so that he was out of charge range. He dropped 1 thunderwolf and wounded another with mass missile and bolter spam.



Turn 2 I lunge forward again. Fire into the assault squad knocking a few down. Charge in and fail to kill all of them. boo. My lord and 3 thunderwolves smash into the rhino immobilising and blowing off a weapon. The rest of the army swoops around buildings setting up for the next turn charges.
He Fires into the lord and thunderwolves taking the lord and 2 thunderwolves down. Moves the dreadnought into close combat with the squad fighting the assault marines and lobs whirlwind rockets all over my back field.



Turn 3 more charging forward from me. Blew both the rhinos in the building with meltas from 1 squad and a dual charge from the other. The thunderwolves in the building finally remember how to walk and move towards the Rhino. The north most squad of mine gets the the tacticals in the building ripping them apart easily. The squad with the dread still hangs on but loses the powerfist so it is just a matter of time and I start letting zerkers fall behind in an attempt to keep them on objectives.
On his turn he jumps the reserve assault squad forward and ounces on the thunderwolves. Yeah that went great and they were eviscerated by chain swords and power axes, didn't even take one with them. More whirlwind fire into the rear areas. I don't know if it made its point value back but is sure was damn annoying.



turn 4 Charge the razorback and destroy it. fired at the rhino on the objective in the south and amazingly took some marines from both squads with it. Immobilized the dread with a krack grenade right before it took out the rest of the squad it was fighting. More moving toward the enemy for me.
His turn he tried to get the preadator out from infront of my screaming lunatics and promptly immobilized itself on the razor wire behind it. Moved the assault squad forward but didn't get to close because there was plasma cannon rounds going into them. Then with the bolterfire + the plasma he once again took himself out of charge range with the assault squad. (I have to shoehorn some more theory on acceptable losses into his head.)



turn 5. I start daisy chaining some zerkers out of the buildings to get melta shots on the dread in the open. 4 melta rounds later all i get is a single glance and destroy its assault cannon. The squad I had up top moved out and got a dual charge off that destroyed the predator and sent the dev squad fleeing. In the south I got the remaining zerkers into assault with the tacticals on the objective. With all the support he had in the area I knew they weren't going to win I just wanted them to tie things up down there.
His turn was spectacularly hilarious. The assault squad jumped on the boys in the southern building and failed to kill the squad there. Pounding on the tacticals I was able to get a tied combat to the fight continued. Then the beautiful part. He fired the plasma cannon on the remaining tacticals in the building at the zerker squad breathing down their neck. The dice gods decided to be fickle to him that day and the shot deviated max distance and landed squarely on the rear of the whirlwind. Promptly blowing it up in some spectacular fashion. The rest of the squad rapid fired into them and I think I lost 1 zerker from all of that torrent of fire.

After turn 5 he saw what was left and without rolling to see if the game ended he conceded and the zerkers won the day. Not bad for their first outing.

2 comments:

  1. soon the nids will be done dan and they want a piece of your faux wolves, it will be thier first outting as well and i have some nice surprises in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I see that as one of those great mosh pit in the middle type of game. Your on.

    ReplyDelete