Monday, March 28, 2011

Repent for your sins shall be cleansed!

The final days are upon us. The shadow of chaos has descended on the unsuspecting, and undeserving. Warp taint runs rampant and the sky rains blood. Hundreds of thousands die in a murderous orgy of violence, more still mutate and receive gifts of chaos. There is only one force in the Imperium to stand against such a foe...


The Grey Knights!!!!!

They show up and kick ass and daemons are gone. Unfortunately so is your pocketbook because saving the galaxy isn't cheap.

"What the heck has he been smoking now???"

Nothing I swear *cough* Ive just been running some numbers with the new grey knights. I decided that if I cant beat them join them in one form or another so i started going through the websites to see what it would cost me to make some of the grey shiny dudemens.

HOLY GOD.....

That army I took on in the last post that had exactly 25 models in it.

4 terminator box sets. $200.00
3 dreadknights $161.25
Stormraven $66.00
Command terminator apx. $20.00
Codex $29.00

25 models $475

And unfortunately this is one of the cheapest builds. If you want to start packing in GKSS and razorbacks your looking into the $600+ range....

I cant believe the prices that GW has decided to put on this army. Once again seeing what random numbers they can throw out and see if we buy it up. (we will)
 "But I have models already from the last GK release" you say.
Good luck with that, with all the new options and upgrades in the new book I highly doubt your classic GK will see the table as coherent squads. Maybe a few will be sprinkled around in a squad or 2 but nope to get all the Gouda you have to spend some cheddar.
I for one will not be shilling out for this army. I'm gonna go the "I'm a cheapskate" approach and do a custom Grey Knights army. More specifically I'm gonna have a mechanicus themed army. I think I can pull it off.

Especially when I come to the board with some of 'DIS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment