Monday, March 7, 2011

Pictures!!!... kinda

I got home from work today and checked my email. Scrolling down the lists of nigerian princes, canadian lotteries, and doctors promising to make my <-censored-> bigger I found an email from Kirby.

Now if you dont know Kirby or his website 3++ is the new black I suggest checking it out. It is just an amazing resource on the 40k hobby. He even has a thing going on where you can send him a army list and he can chack it out and "hammer the edges flat" for you so to speak.
I sent him the list for the counts as Khorne I am building and he said it sounded like a great fluffy list. He then asked for some pictures of the conversions. Pictures?... um.. pictures yeah... hold on. (crap where is my camera..) I got the camera and started snapping.
Hmm all I get are smudges on a black background.
So I left the confines of my "man cave" where I apparently paint by candle light and set up an ad-hoc photo station and snapped some shots there.

Now don't think I am a professional by any means I took a hundred shots and all but a handfull came though.

Most looked like this.
Kinda looks like a GW teaser shot I think.

But I did aome good ones. here is a group shot of the ones I have at the house. The rest are sitting in the display case at my FLGS.

here is one of the close ups that might be passable.


and showing some of the detail and coloring on the sides
I actualy blended these yay for progress!

One more to show the extended chain swaord I made for them. You cant expect them to be 8 feet in the air and swing a 3 foot chain sword do you?

The rest of the zerkers are still WIP for now. I have the meltas done. (just a weapon swap) and have some of the powerfists done. Now just waiting on the last 5 boxes to get here so I can fire up the paint brushes again. (ps I will strive to train in the ancient art of photo fu so next time it wont be so painful.)

1 comment: