Friday, March 25, 2011

Stealing souls tomorrow

Tomorrow there is a local tourney at the FLGS and for once I am not running it. (whoo hoo!!!) That means I get to play and finally let my dark eldar back into the local competitive scene.
There seems to be a running joke going on right now that since I am finally going to get to play in this one that no one is going to show up because they don't want to fight the DE. So I'm going to help the local community out and post my list, along with a step by step guide on how to kill a DE army.




Total Roster Cost: 1998

Troops: Kabalite Warriors (10#, 166 pts)

9 Kabalite Warriors, 96 pts = 9 * 9 (base cost 9) + Blaster x1 15

1 Raider, 70 pts = (base cost 60) + Flickerfield 10


Troops: Kabalite Warriors (11#, 175 pts)

10 Kabalite Warriors, 105 pts = 10 * 9 (base cost 9) + Blaster x1 15

1 Raider, 70 pts = (base cost 60) + Flickerfield 10


Troops: Kabalite Warriors (11#, 175 pts)

10 Kabalite Warriors, 105 pts = 10 * 9 (base cost 9) + Blaster x1 15

1 Raider, 70 pts = (base cost 60) + Flickerfield 10


Troops: Kabalite Warriors (11#, 175 pts)

10 Kabalite Warriors, 105 pts = 10 * 9 (base cost 9) + Blaster x1 15

1 Raider, 70 pts = (base cost 60) + Flickerfield 10


Troops: Wyches (11#, 255 pts)

9 Wyches, 128 pts = 9 * 12 (base cost 10 + Haywire Grenades 2) + Hydra Gauntlets x2 20

1 Hekatrix, 42 pts = (base cost 20 + Haywire Grenades 2 + Agoniser 20)

1 Raider, 85 pts = (base cost 60) + Shock Prow 5 + Torment Grenade Launchers 5 + Enhanced Aethersails 5 + Flickerfield 10


Troops: Wyches (11#, 245 pts)

9 Wyches, 118 pts = 9 * 12 (base cost 10 + Haywire Grenades 2) + Hydra Gauntlets x1 10

1 Hekatrix, 42 pts = (base cost 20 + Haywire Grenades 2 + Agoniser 20)

1 Raider, 85 pts = (base cost 60) + Shock Prow 5 + Torment Grenade Launchers 5 + Enhanced Aethersails 5 + Flickerfield 10


Heavy Support: Ravager (1#, 115 pts)

1 Ravager, 115 pts = (base cost 105) + Flickerfield 10


Heavy Support: Ravager (1#, 115 pts)

1 Ravager, 115 pts = (base cost 105) + Flickerfield 10


Heavy Support: Ravager (1#, 115 pts)

1 Ravager, 115 pts = (base cost 105) + Flickerfield 10


Fast Attack: Reavers (6#, 156 pts)

6 Reavers, 156 pts = 6 * 22 (base cost 22) + Heat Lance x2 24


Fast Attack: Reavers (6#, 156 pts)

6 Reavers, 156 pts = 6 * 22 (base cost 22) + Heat Lance x2 24


HQ: Duke Sliscus (1#, 150 pts)

1 Duke Sliscus, 150 pts
 
Now that that is out of the way for all you local guys who actually do read this I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. I'm gonna tell you the keys to beating my army.
 
1. Destroy my transports.
 
Once the dark eldar are on foot they are allot less of a problem to deal with. Yes they have fleet, yes they can shoot their poisoned weapons, but they are T3 5+sv. That is crap. If and when you pop their ride they are going to have to cover hop towards any objective and try not to get killed in the process.
Whats the best way to drop transports? The same thing that works against anyone else. Lots of mid-high strength shots. 4-6 will probably do it.I can save 1 or 2 lascannon shots, and bolters I don't really fear because you need great dice to drop me, but the weapon system I hate the worst. Autocannons. Fracking autocannons will knock me out of the sky every chance they get.
 
2. Don't let the wyches get to you.
 
These are my shock troops, Their main goal in life is to slam into the enemy at 100 mph and burn themselves out on an enemies center-line/back-line squads. They are very good at it once they get into close combat. Most every squad in the game will only tie up the wyches, not defeat them in CC.
The key, refer to #1. Then its easy as cake to kill them with ranged weapons. Hell a heavy bolter team has a chance to do significant damage there. Running around on foot they are T3 6+Sv. Feel no pain will increase their survivability more than 75% (pulled that stat out of my ass) so try to avoid letting them get pain tokens.
 
3. Flamers are amazing again.
 
Ok here's the short version of this FLAMERS=DEAD REAVERS!!!! I loose the 3+ cover when they get hit by flamers. Very useful to have 2 or 3 spread around to react when they do a bladevane attack. Remember to place yourself where they are going to end the run not where they can run over you as well.
 
4. You need a good field of fire or my Ravagers are going to pick you apart all day.
 
Ravagers, for being a tank, can be very very sneaky and pop all over the place still firing at full effect. Be ready To take snap shots at them when they expose to fire. Remember if they can see you, you can see them. (usually)  [don't be worried about these in the slightest, Ive fired over 200 dark lance shots this month, I think I have wrecked less than 5 tanks with these :( ]
 
5. Don't let me get into your head.
 
This I should have moved up to number one. The big advantage I have when I play this army is that from the deployment I can get people to play defensively and always catch them on the wrong foot. This army is meant to push the entire table at once then condense and drive a hammer into where it is going to hurt the most. The key here is to not to be intimidated away from your usual playstyle. (within reason if your an assault MEQ army I wouldnt suggest rushing in immediately. It sucks when your deathstars are cut off and splintered to death.) Stick to what you are good at. Usualy the game is won by the general who made less mistakes, playing againt your playstyle makes mistakes happen.
 
I guess #5 can be true with all unknown armies you face. Dont let them dictate the flow of the game and you should be able to run the table on them. (thank goodness GK arent legal yet...)
I guess that is that. I hope there are enough players for a tourney tomorrow, if not I will be one sad mek boy....

On a side note OVER 1000 PAGEVIEWS!!! WHOOO!!!! *cue victory lap* WHHHhhhhhhoooooo!!!  whhhHHOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment